School Year 2019-2020
* Set up new HP 11" Streams for All students at Ware Shoals High School.
School Year 2018-19
* Installed 26 iMacs in the CATE lab at WSHS over Thanksgiving holidays.
* Upgraded webpage over Christmas holidays.
- WSSD App in the Apple App Store and Google Play
- @ware_shoals_51 Twitter account established
* Upgraded network switches throughout the district.
* Added cameras and upgraded camera software throughout the district.
* Added 2 televisions in the HS Cafeteria
School Year 2015-16
- Increased bandwidth from 100mbps to 150mbps
School Year 2014-15
- Acquired a $420,000 General Obligations Bond to perform technology upgrades
- Purchased a quantity of 66 Promethean ActivPanel interactive displays
- Awarded Promethean TorchLight Partner District status
- Became the regional training center for Promethean
- Plans to upgrade wireless overlay by adding 106 wireless APs, or one in every classroom
- Purchased HP Stream Pro 11 laptops to be used at all three schools
- Plans to provide classroom teachers with a wireless device
- Implemented a new district website
- Launched a social media campaign to keep students, parents, and community informed
- Performed security upgrades throughout the district
- Implemented upgraded 2-way communications at all locations
- Created a new computer lab of 24 computers in the WSPS library
- Created a Tech Talk Tuesday professional development program offering technology related PD for teachers