SCHOOL YEAR 2020-21
*100% of our district is 1:1 take-home devices from k-4 through 12th grade. K-4 through first grade utilize iPads and Second grade through twelfth grades have laptops.
*Refreshed the third and fourth-grade laptops with new Dell 3190s.
*Implemented approx. 70 mobile hotspots for students without broadband access at home.
*Upgraded iBoss firewall appliance and maintenance agreement.
*Upgraded Lab 215 at WSHS with (25) new 32” Havoc gaming computers.
*Upgraded Lab 218 at WSHS with (25) Dell 7070 All-in-One computers.
*Upgraded Library computers at WSPS with (25) All-in-one computers.
*Upgraded our Areohive wireless platform to Extreme IQ wireless platform.
*Installed dedicated fiber connectivity to the football and baseball press boxes, added cameras and wifi in both locations.
*Installed dedicated fiber connectivity to the Traynham Center.
*Installed computers, wifi, cameras and a phone in the McElwee house for our new bus office.
*Utilized Net Support to monitor and teach in a COVID-friendly environment.
*Purchased and set up CATE iPad set.
*Installed “Red Phones” at all locations. These phones are dedicated phones for emergencies in case of power outages.
*Installed “man catch doors” at WSMS and WSPS with ID access.
*Fully implemented the One to One Plus work order and inventory system. This system allows work order, inventory, and damage invoicing to faculty & parents.
*Implemented CacheBox server funded by ERATE for a video repository for the district. This also improves bandwidth utilization for the district.
*Implemented Safari Montage for the school district.
*In Food Services, moved from LunchBox to Mosaic software.
*Set up over 100 visitor IDs for the Ware Shoals Community Fitness Center.
*Set up breakout rooms at all locations for COVID treatment and testing.
*Installed new touch panels at WSMS and WSPS.
*Migrated our Energy Manage services to cloud services.
*Maintained and upgraded power management for the district server room.
*Implemented and improved our remote software deployment to install software to any device at any location in our district.
School Year 2019-20
* Established a disaster recovery process that backs up district data to Clemson University's research park. This project was funded by the SCDE.
* Set up and delivered a new iPad to every teacher at Ware Shoals Primary School.
* Completely switched off of district owned fiber to Spirit/Segra fiber optic cable. This relieves our district responsibility of repairing future breaks in our connectivity.
* Established a technology/security process to protect our students and data in an emergency.
* Refreshed HP Streams for ALL WSHS student devices.
* Upgraded the fixed lab at the Ware Shoals Primary School with 40 All-in-one Dell Optiplex desktops.
* Set up an Instagram page for Ware Shoals School District 51, follow us on Instagram @ware_Shoals_51
School Year 2018-2019
* Installed 26 iMacs in the CATE lab at WSHS over Thanksgiving holidays.
* Upgraded webpage over Christmas holidays.
* WSSD App in the Apple App Store and Google Play
* @ware_shoals_51 Twitter account established
* Upgraded network switches throughout the district.
* Added cameras and upgraded camera software throughout the district.
* Added 2 televisions in the HS Cafeteria