DISTANCE LEARNING EXPECTATIONS AND ENROLLMENT FORM
Expectations for Students
I have chosen to enroll in the full-time Distance Learning Academy and will:
- Commit to the full-time virtual option until at least the start of the second semester (January 2021). <Requires Board Approval>
- Report to class meetings or conferences during times scheduled by the teacher.
- Report to school in order to take district-, state-, and federally-mandated assessments upon request.
- Complete assignments and submit per the instructions for lessons.
- Complete my own work and monitor my own progress in the class.
- Check and respond to correspondence with your teachers at a minimum of twice per week.
Expectations for Parents
While parents are not expected to teach their children, they are expected to support the delivery of instruction provided by the teacher.
I, having chosen the Full Distance Learning model for my child, will:
- Commit to the Full Distance Learning model until at least the start of the second semester (January, 2021.)
- Provide access to high-speed internet in my home or commit to taking my child to one of the district-identified internet hotspots at least twice a week.
- Bring my child into the school in order to take district-, state-, and federally-mandated assessments.
- Assist my child with lessons when appropriate.
- Monitor my child's progress and ensure that my child is engaged in learning.
- Respond to staff communication.
- Provide a common space to be able to keep school materials organized and remove any items/factors that may cause distractions.
- Ensure that all deadlines for registration and enrollment are met.